TITLE: Payroll Specialist
REPORTS TO: Operations Manager
Accountable and responsible for all aspects of quality service for clients. Contacts and assists clients in process of obtaining information for payroll production and tax related issues; verifies totals, responds to/resolves client questions and problems and delivers quality customer service. Participate in conducting training sessions
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains a base of payroll clients relevant to size and complexity on all products.
- Contacts clients daily to obtain payroll data including salary adjustments, special payments, tax allocations and employee deductions and to set schedules,
- Accurately keys all payroll related date necessary to process and meet appointment schedules.
- Maintains a high rate of client retention through quality service.
- Keeps abreast of the payroll processing system and changes in wage and tax laws, and corresponds with federal, state and local tax agencies on behalf of our clients.
- Maintains client files.
- Researches and resolves client/system problems.
- Establishes and maintains a positive working relationship with clients, agencies and coworkers to promote a quality service image.
- Participate in conducting training sessions.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills)
- Associate's degree (A.A) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school or three or more years of office-related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. College degree is highly preferred.
- Solid understanding of payroll and payroll tax laws is also a must.
- Proven facility in MS Office, data entry and office equipment (i.e. telephone, head set, 10-key or calculator, PC, FAX machine, photo copier)
- Proven facility in customer service, and problem resolution.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience is acceptable.
- Excellent written, oral, and presentation communication skills.
- Excellent organizational, planning, and prioritization skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.