TITLE: Payroll Implementation Specialist (Client Experience Specialist
REPORTS TO: Director of Operations
Under limited supervision, manages and coordinates the operational and systems infrastructure of a major operating unit of the Company. Participates in the development and implementation of unit policies and procedures. Prepares financial and/or operational analyses and reports, and audits current procedures to monitor and improve efficiency of operations. May manage the day-to-day activities of one or more unit line operations, and may designate the unit lead as required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees the daily operations of a business unit and its various components, ensuring compliance with Company, local, state and federal policies and regulations
- Develops or assists with the development and implementation of policies and procedures consistent with those of the organization to ensure efficient and safe operation of the unit.
- Oversees the supervision of personnel including work allocation, training, and problem resolution. Evaluates performance and makes recommendations for personnel actions. Motivates employees to achieve peak productivity and performance.
- Participates in and coordinates the design and implementation of data collection and analysis systems for the unit including computer, and/or network systems, applications programs, and administrative procedures.
- Reviews and interprets financial and operating information as appropriate. Coordinates and develops periodic financial and/or operating analyses. Prepares financial/business reports for senior university officials. May participate in the preparation of contract and/or grant proposals and other reports provided by the unit.
- Provides advice and assistance to top management in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of modifications to existing operations, systems, and procedures.
- Represents the organization at various community and/or business meetings. Promotes existing and new programs and/or policies.
- Oversees the supervision of one or more specified operating and/or service activities within the unit as appropriate.
- Develops annual operating budgets and provides fiscal direction to the unit.
Other Duties & Responsibilities
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills)
- Four year college degree required.
- Directly related management expertise in fiscal services, administration, and human resources gained through either 2 years of equivalent-level work experience or completion of college-level business management certification.
- At least 3 years of additional work experience that can be demonstrated to be applicable to the duties listed on the job description.
- Knowledge of business management principles, practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of organizational structure, workflow, and operating procedures.
- Knowledge of budgeting, cost estimating, and fiscal management principles and procedures.
- Knowledge of applicable legislation, standards, policies and procedures within specialty area.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Employee development and performance management skills.
- Ability to supervise and train employees including organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Ability to develop and prepare comprehensive financial/business analyses.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.